POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Releasing kobldes v0.59-2a: second example image : Re: Releasing kobldes v0.59-2a: second example image Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:33:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Releasing kobldes v0.59-2a: second example image
From: Kene
Date: 11 Oct 2010 13:00:00
Message: <web.4cb3418751d9757a45c695ee0@news.povray.org>
> Only the curved wall seems at odds here: It does not join properly with the
> straight walls.

Yeah... that is a problem I have shelved until I can come up with a more
efficient and generic way to do it. I can calculate the intersections but my
problem is twofold.

1. There does not seem to be a standard way to clean curved walls. It happens
differently with different circumstances. I can impose one way but then I can't
solve the number 2 problem.
2. I cannot seem to understand prisms enough to use it in curved walls. I need a
definite radius and diameter which I can't find how to get from any of the
different types of prisms. I can force cylinders to do it but I have decided to
let the problem simmer for a while.

Do you have any suggestions?